Tuesday

Today, under the weather and unable to do much of anything, I downloaded some episodes of Top Chef, got out last year's holiday craft supplies, and made Q a tiny aviator bunny out of felt (loosely based on a marvelous pattern by wee wonderfuls).

Not my best work, I must say - not only because I'm not feeling well, but also because I am patently not (as I keep trying to stress) a seamstress.
But since she has been watching a lot of Charles Schulz's Snoopy-as-Red-Baron lately, the bunny - which she named "Pom-Pom" - appealed to Q, in its aviator-ness if not so much due to its general integrity ;) Her one request (besides that I add a belly button) was that I make her a set of matching aviator goggles. In pink, bien sur.
Happily exhausted from the bouncy castle that Daddy took her to tonight, she was too limp and noodle-y to do anything but lay there and grin goofily at me once I had tied her new pink aviator goggles onto her noggin. Sweet dreams, my love.

6 comments:

Yanyan said...

That is such a cute bunny! I am inspired by you, I want to make a doll for Nea!

alliot + iza said...

Maia, the bunny is SO cute.
I love the pink aviator goggle!

Saskia said...

Ofcourse you're not a seamstress... but that's a cute bunny! :)
Hope you will feel better soon!

Yoli said...

Very cute bunny non-seamstress.

Natalie Thiele said...

I love that bunny. I think you can sew. It sure looks like it from here.
If Jerry Lewis ever retires from the Telethon he hosts, Q should take over. I have never seen someone receive so many unsolicited donations. I would certainly be more inclined to donate to her than him.
Love the new header, too!

Merisi said...

Cute bunny - just love the idea of it.
So adorable, little Q, falling asleep.