Sunday

Q in the prototype for a faux-leather tunic I've been designing for her. 
 I actually sewed this one by hand, because I was trying to make the prototype while my husband and I were watching a marathon of The Wire that we've downloaded. Heh!
Hand sewing is time-consuming, but it is also quiet.

Q was fascinated with the process from the sketch phase on vellum through cutting the fabric,
                                and was thrilled to try on the actual garment this morning when it was finished. 
Naturally, she brought her own signature style to the whole operation. Who says the clothes make the 
man? This girl definitely makes the clothes.

11 comments:

Yoli said...

WOW! She looks fantastic! I absolutely love it!!!

Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said...

You guys are so cool! You know that you two will be the best-est of friends, right? Not just mother-daughter...

Thanks for your comforting words re: the traumatizing event we just went through at home.

Be Safe,
Jen

Rosa said...

She looks like a hip little rockstar. Adorable with her little guitar/ukulele.

Yanyan said...

Great job mommy! Q is such a rock star!

Justine said...

Great dress!And Q definitely "makes the clothes".She's amazing!

nath said...

she looks like cool squaw!

alliot + iza said...

I love the cut, Maia! The "V"!
Q looks amazing in your design!!!!

anais&I said...

Fantastic!!! Looks great.

Jeanne-ming Brantingham said...

Q is just so COOL! I wanna grow up and be her!

cara said...

Awesome :)

ter said...

i think that little tunic is awesome!