Sunday

 A stunning autumn day at the botanic gardens.
 Now that the gardens close early for fall, we always have a hard time making it down there after Q's nap, which runs into late afternoon. Though yes, I am thankful that she still naps, affording me precious worktime each day.
 On this day, we just barely squeaked in half an hour before closing time.
 And what a half hour it was!
 We hit one of those magic hours when the light and the color conspire to create a wonderland that just takes your breath away.
 I think this must have been the very most perfect day of the entire season at the botanic gardens.
 Like it was scripted and stage-lit just for us.
 Just exactly heaven.






5 comments:

Marie CdP said...

orchids here too .. In the bridal bouquet!

Nina said...

Beautiful photos!

Yoli said...

I love that picture of the both of you smiling. Absolutely beautiful Maia.

susanna said...

Wow! What a cool garden you all went to that day. I'd like to go there myself one day. It's nice to see a photo of you on your blog. I swear, your whole family is so stylish!

Jeanne-ming Brantingham said...

OH my goodness! Incredible. beautiful...what a dream.....