Tuesday


Wednesday is Corner View day, and it had been a long day. I'd been working hard trying to wrap up the paper doll project and get it in the shop. Q had spent too long winding down for her nap, and had missed the window before her beloved babysitter came over. Q doesn't go without naps...ever. So by the time Audrey left at 6, after an afternoon of many fun activities, she was pretty much exhausted.

This series of shots was taken after she ate her dinner, and while she watched Polar Express. I guess she was finally old enough to appreciate the film, because she was riveted from the moment I turned it on.
Utterly riveted.

She "uh-oh-ed" all the way through the lengthy scene where the ticket escapes the window of the train and goes flying through the wintery landscape.
Eating sprinkles off of the Christmas cookies she and Audrey made this afternoon. Those that were not sucked bare were then hung on the tree.

A little idle doodling, though too tired to really concentrate.
Caught up in the action onscreen again.


She has a Polar Express reindeer bell, which usually serves as an alarm system on our front door. But of course we had to take it down for the movie.
She decided that clamping the ribbon in her teeth and shaking her head from side to side was the best thing to do with a bell. Chewing on her skirt was her comfort zone during the tense rollercoaster moments.
Getting very...very....sleepy...

Stop by Jane's for many more Corner Views.

11 comments:

caramelcaramelo said...

adorable corner view! and the dolls are wonderful. thank you. kenza

Di said...

Looks like a busy evening. My mum just bought Polar Express, I've never seen it so I guess I'll watch it when I go home. That's what you get with a mum who taught 1st grade for 30 years - lots of cheer for Christmas, including children's films.

sanneke said...

I don't know Polar Express, but I do know that I love Q's smile!

Guusje said...

We love the Polar express, I had to get used to the very strange faces and their weirdo expressions, but hey, we got used to it. The boys love the X-massy feeling of it. That dress Q is wearing, my, what a beauty!!! And Q too!

Maia said...

Guusje, I also found the weirdly-animated faces difficult to get used to at first, and the stark Christmas village at the end still gives me the creeps...but the film itself overcomes these things. It has a wonderful rhythm and drama to it, and the story is a heartwarming one in so many ways.

Yoli said...

How I have grown accustomed that lovely face. I have never watched the Polar Express so since I now have kids, what a great excuse.

Gretchen said...

Endless enchantment, in your world! One lucky little girl (& one lucky mama...).

Daan said...

Lot's of eveningFun!
And we will watch The polar express at christmas.

(no postman yet with a little package for Q?

Kasia said...

Ow, what an adorable Little Girl! Thank you for letting us to spend an evening with you!

Conny said...

Great pictures! Thanks for the Polar Express reminder - we must watch it again this week. I really enjoyed your corner view.

Palmer and Co said...

Oh, this is great! I feel like I spent the evening with Q! LOVELY!