Saturday

I have to say, our cup runneth over of late! The latest gift to arrive on our doorstep was a package from Daan in Holland, and...once again I am amazed with both the generosity and the sensitivity of those who have been sending gifts our way.
The package contained two beautiful long-sleeved t-shirts bearing a gorgeous mermaids of Daan's own design.
Now, it just so happens that Q has for some time been enchanted by the mermaid that graces (ahem) the Starbucks logo. This is more than a little embarrassing, but I have to agree with her - it is a lovely mermaid, with its flowing hair and the star on its brow. So it happened that one of Q's very first words was "mermaid". Not such a usual word to start out with, but...there it is!
Needless to say, Q was delighted with her mermaid t-shirts.

But wait...
...remember that mermaid with the starry crown? Well, at the bottom of the package was a hand-carved rubber stamp bearing Q's name, and that very same mermaid!
Q nearly choked on her hot chocolate. Nothing she loves more than to match something she recognizes and loves! She is so proud. And I am so grateful! Thank you, Daan...I can't tell you how much this means!

btw you should check out Daan's shop VanDaan... fabulous stuff, shirts, hand-carved stamps, mermaids a-plenty, and so many beautiful designs! I am particularly in love with the insect rubber stamps.

9 comments:

sanneke said...

Daan is so sweet and she makes lovely things! I dreamed of her this night. Really, we were visiting a concert together.

Johnny said...

what an enchanting first word! I only wish I could say the same for mine. But alas, his first word was itunes...

Gill said...

a thoughtful gift for a sweet little mermaid girl! xo

alliot + iza said...

Q is charming!
Sweet little moments of the blogsphere bring the joy of Christmas around corners of the World.

FDChief said...

Nothing to be ashamed of, and I say this as a resident of the coffee-snobbiest town in the U.S. and perhaps the world. Starbucks makes good coffee, and their twin-tailed mermaid is a graceful and memorable logo.

Q is certainly receiving largesse this year!

Mlle Paradis said...

Hi again! So I've made halting progress with handing on the Honest Scrap award. I've decided to encourage "guy views" across the blogosphere and not finding a comments place on your hubby's blog can I ask you to invite him to share the Honest Scrap award with a few others? I think it would be so interesting to hear from him. Otherwise his blog can be a little cryptic! Which is o.k. because I understand that he is a WESTERN MAN.

Yoli said...

How lovely! What a generous heart, not to mention talented.

Patricia said...

Thanks for your comment :)
Your blog is wonderful too
I love your artwork! Pippi is my favorite!!
Sweet Daan made beautiful gifts for you!

Daan said...

O, look at little Q, she is lovely, and mermaid as het first word that is so great.

Love, daan