Thursday

 Like so many, I have been following the phenomenon that is EmersonMade for quite some time now. To my mind, it's the next logical step in the "made" movement - a personal creative vision that started out small and went viral in record time, without ever faltering in its ever-confident style as it grows. As our financial climate and job market are shaken to the core, changes are certainly afoot in the arenas of business and commerce, and my feeling is that EmersonMade is one to watch as a harbinger of what is to come. Emerson and Ryan have created and built on a beautiful and very personal vision with panache, confidence and a razor-sharp business sense. It's been exciting to watch.
 So naturally I was thrilled when my first EmersonMade piece arrived - the Mod LBD. As anticipated, the quality and craftsmanship are superb. These pieces are built like fine architecture - with timeless style and heirloom quality (and the sachet of freshly-dried lavender in the box was the perfect final note).  Another reason that I hope that EmersonMade will be a bellwether in its field is that I dearly miss craftsmanship - and I mean real, old-school craftsmanship, as in stone masonry, hand-blocked fabrics, the building of boats and of cathedrals. The kind of craftsmanship that has become a lost art in recent generations. The art of making things that are built to last, rather than things that are built for quick obsolescence. I think it's time for the tide to turn again.

This photo and all photos below by EmersonMade
 And of course, as a follower of the EmersonMade travel journals, my heart beat a little bit faster when I saw the photos of Emerson and Ryan's trip to India.
 I could hardly wait to see what came of these fabrics and these inspirations!
 So needless to say, I held my breath this morning when I saw the first set of photos of the Butterfly Caftan.
 Perfection.
I am also intrigued to see what comes of these India-inspired ring designs....

6 comments:

Yoli said...

I see a lot of those same qualities in you and I hope to see your business grow as hers has.

Mom-Friday said...

I LOVE your "vintage" portraits! beautiful!
and love the tunics too!

....... said...

nice to see you are smiling again! im absolutely agree with you about EM! i discovered them 2 or 3 years ago and they are so inspiring! the line, the colors of their clothes are so chic, i m mad with a linen jacket but the price in dollars it is not good for me!

erica lorraine scheidt said...

that dress looks beautiful on you. i've been eyeing the white tuxedo jacket. I also got my pieces from Filly Designs and I should write her love letter (post) like this. They're so beautifully made.

Maia said...

I love the tux jacket too, Erica - but I'm much too long-waisted for short jackets! I'll check out Filly.

erica lorraine scheidt said...

ah. long waisted is certainly not a problem for me.