Tuesday

I promised to revisit some of the original inhabitants of this beautiful dollhouse...
Q's animals have given it a new life...
..but my mum brought out a box especially for me, to wander back through the memories of my childhood. I believe that this rocker and the seesaw below were from a special toystore in Aspen that some friends took us to.
Some of the dolls were from Europe, and I think some of them were from a wonderful store in Woodstock called the Gilded Carriage, which still exists though I'm not sure they still carry dollhouse items.
The dolls are a bit the worse for wear, and some have been altered over the years by small hands,
but there's a beauty to things that have been reshaped by the imagination and loving hands of children over so many years.
These dolls populated so many stories and imagined adventures over the years, their soles worn down by treading the paths of many a glimmering fantasy world. I can no longer remember the stories, or the worlds that they wandered, by I hope they do...dreaming away in their box in my mother's attic.

8 comments:

TheBeautyFile said...

How I love this post! The mini people and their adventures! That house is fantastic!

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

What a fantastic dolls / animal house. So unique. How lovely that you still have some dolls and furniture from when you were small. Good memories eh.

Juniper said...

These dolls are so sweet, really a treasure to still have them (well done to your mom for carefully setting them aside once you had outgrown them)! Imagine they will be enjoying a second life now with Q.

Anne said...

Maia,

we have received your packages. You really spoiled us! Everything is so beautiful. I was very touched. I will send you an email later...

I just want to touch this beautiful crafted little house and the figurines. It is such a beautiful piece. What a great thing to pass on from generation to generation.

Daan said...

Love them!

Eliane Zimmermann said...

oh, how gorgeous, i had two of those lovely tiny dolls, i must buy new one, i really adore them as i adore miniatures. cheers from ireland eliane

nath said...

That house is just superb!!

Gigi Thibodeau said...

I feel like I've entered an enchanted kingdom every time I visit you here. Just beautiful. xo