Saturday

Another beautiful Woodstock hike with my mother and her Australian sheepdog.
Overlooking Woodstock...

Woodland beauty.
It bears mentioning that this was during a deep freeze on the East Coast, and the temperatures were bitter. Granted, we in Colorado are spoiled by dry air (makes even the deepest cold feel milder), lots of sun, and temperate seasons. As I've said before, many people don't realize just how mild a climate Colorado really has..especially by comparison to New York! But this may help explain both the layers of heavy clothing, and, in part, the beauty of the scenery during these hikes.
Let me tell you it was worth the cold noses and toes, the layers of down and long underwear, and the oversized boots (which I had to borrow from my husband...good thing my feet are so big!)

Deep ice over deep water.
Happy dogs.

2 comments:

Anne said...

The cold wave is back in NY :-((( Brrr...
Perfect time to stay at home and to go through the pictures I took 2 weeks ago!

Horseartist said...

That photo of you romping in the snow brings back memories of doing the same with Moses, except that I was usually sinking down to my knees in soft powder. I loved to go out right after or during a snowfall and run around in the Sturges' or Aileen's huge lawns/meadows.

:)