Thursday

 We went flower picking!
 At Berry Patch Farms.
 It's really just an excuse to see the chickens ;)
 And we don't need much of an excuse!
 Flower season on the farm has not yet peaked, but we did manage to find a couple of posies for our kitchen counter!








 Currants...turkey...currants...are you getting any ideas?

 Sometimes she'd kind of a ham. Rarely, but she has her moments. Most of the time, she's rolling her eyes at the camera.
 And speaking of hambones...
 This fine fellow spotted my big camera and marched right up to me. He then proceeded to pose in every position he could think of. It was hilarious! He'd cock his head one way, hold the pose until I'd clicked a few times, then puff out his chest and angle his head the other way, holding one foot daintily off the ground! He didn't stop posing until I'd walked away, and then he went about his business of scratching in the yard. I've never seen such a vain chicken in all my life.
 I mean, you can't really blame him, though. He was certainly a fine fellow. Just look at that plumage!! I'd show off too if I had plumage like that!
 With our ill-gotten gains.

8 comments:

Ana Degenaar said...

What a wonderful post. I love how comfy she looks.

Yoli said...

OMG what spectacular images!!! I love her by the field of brown eyed susans and by the windmill.

alliot + iza said...

Oh my dear Q, she shines!! Her witty smiles!
She does not belong to the Earth ... she grows in an ULTRA speed that we can hardly catch up with her :)
Love love your Red Cone Retreat series, dear Maia! The place is magical !!!!

Kenza said...

What a beautiful set of photos! Q looks so happy in the fields... (and the egocentric chicken as well...) Wonderful!

Elisa said...

what a fun post. I want to go there and take Beli. haha that's hilarious about the chicken posing for photos.

Cez said...

omg!!! your blog is amazing!!! love the pics!!!!
tks for stopping by our méchant studio!!!!
xxx

Cez said...

just linked you on my blog...and followed you!!!! your little girl is so cute and your illustrations amazing!!!!
xxx
Cez

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

mandarin?! Holy moly that's impressive.