Thursday


My friend Sarah, whose daughter YaTing hails from the same SWI in China as our Q, sent a link for this pattern to me yesterday, and I am so very delighted with it...even though I absolutely do not have the time to play around with it at the moment. I have stored it away in my harddrive for a rainy day (of which there will, no doubt, be several before spring blooms in full).

It's a downloadable paper pattern for an Hermés Kelly bag. While I am a lover of Hermés in theory, I am not a Kelly bag sort of girl in practice (though I am thoroughly devoted to their scent Eau d'Orange Vert). I'm more of a canvas flight bag sort of girl. But the idea of a constructable paper version of the iconic bag...
...hand paintable in any number of ways...
Now THAT'S an idea I can get behind.

Originally launched on the Hérmes site, it is no longer available there, but has been saved by a number of thrifty bloggers across the internet (just google it and see all the blogs that pop up). You can, however, still download a paper version of the Hérmes collier de chien bracelet on the corporate website, in a number of prints or plain for painting.

Fun, fun, fun! My fingers are itching to play...expect to see the Q carrying around a paper Kelly bag one of these days in the not-too-distant future ;) Just as soon as I can drag her away from that skateboard I just bought her...

5 comments:

sarahthefantastic said...

I am so hounoured to be mentioned here! And itching to make my paper purse too. Just one more day until March Break and freedom to play!!! : ) xox S.

ps. I KNEW you would find that bracelet!!!

Mlle Paradis said...

as my little girl cat says.....er OH!

this could just be too too too too.....just too!

Di said...

What a great idea! I am sure that Q will love her bag and that whatever you draw on it will be spectacular.

thais said...

how fun! love the idea and the pattern...thx ;)

Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said...

LOVE this. I can't afford the real deal, but these paper purse are so much fun for me - errr - my daughter!

Haha...my word verification is "murse"!!! Man purse?