Tuesday


As you all know, I love handmade finds - unique and one-of-a-kind.
This week, I have two finds, the first of which I came across thanks to a friend in North Carolina.
Circle Factory features the work of artist George Peterson, who works in hand-hewn wood and repurposed objects like these amazing "retired" skateboards from his Lingo series.
Can you imagine a wall of these? So beautiful and tribal. I was an instant fan, and his wood sculptures and bowls are just stunning as well. Well worth a visit.
My second discovery is thanks to a friend from the adoption world, India, whom I noticed wearing one of these "bone" necklaces in one of her facebook photos. I had to know where it came from.

The Etsy shop LORiOLA (coincidentally also out of NC) makes these beautiful encrusted "bone" glasswork necklaces.

3 comments:

Yoli said...

The skateboard blew me away. I have tribal masks that I have collected and these would rock along side of them.

Maia said...

I thought you would like those, Yoli!

Punctuation Mark said...

love the skateboards... very cool idea!