Well, we went to our pre-op appointment today, and we will be postponing Q's surgery until September. She is getting over a cold, and for a surgery that compromises the airways, it's too risky.
To all of you who have sent cards and notes, they will not go amiss! We'll put them all in an album for her to look at when she is in recovery.
In the meantime, a bit more time to enjoy the summer (and get some more work done, in my case!)