Saturday


Recently, I found myself going through some of my old shots from France in order to upload a few for Little Brown Pen's new Flickr group of Paris photos (Nichole was nice enough to post a few of them on her blog as well).

This made me think of my recent post about NYC street style, and I thought I'd revisit a few random (and totally unintentional) street style photos I took in Paris.

I just love this guy...again, it has not to do just with his "fashion", but with his entire attitude - his stance, his bike, his elegant tweed and ponytail. Gorgeous.
These two were outside the Pompidou, and again...something ineffable. In their case, it's in the utter artlessness...they are "undone" in such a beautiful way, from the hair to the rumpled cords.
There is some amazing mother/daughter style to be found in France as well (mais bien sur!) and some day I'll have to go back and do a whole shoot just on that subject.

And then there's China...
...which, in a very different way, is an amazingly fertile ground for street fashion-watching. Oh my, oh my! My heart beats faster every time I look at this picture.

6 comments:

ALFIE said...

i love these photos. so much meaning behind them. inside them! just recently came across your blog & am enjoying!

Kalee said...

These are terrfic images. This is something so special about the girl dressed in white in China, very nice.

Juniper said...

Enjoyed the photos, (you may like the face hunter blog) also I noticed you like the moomins, you may like the books that Tove Johansson has written for adults, I really enjoyed them. They are quite particular.

Claire Mercado-Obias said...

Love the parasol!

Maia said...

Juniper, I didn't know that Tove Johansson had written books for adults as well - I will look for them immediatly. I just love his work.

Claire, aren't the parasols great? They are everywhere in China and used to such gorgeous effect. It's a bit like the scarf in France - the consummate accessory that is used more artfully than anywhere else in the world.

alliot + iza said...

Just love this topic.
From the fine details (only from visual details), one can draw some clues on which part of China/ Asia that the people are coming from ...
It is fun.