Sunday

Taking a short break from my photos to post some amazing pictures that my mother (who's fly fishing in Argentina) took last week in the San Telmo, Buenos Aires' oldest "barrio".
My mother has never really shot people before, aside from the occasional guide or friend. She has always focused on landscape and wildlife. So it blew me away to see the amazing photos she took with her new Leica.
San Telmo is known for its street markets...
...and tango parlors.

I'm terribly impressed by my mum's first venture into cultural photography, and I can't wait to see what else she brings back with her!

9 comments:

Gigi Thibodeau said...

Amazing shots! She really, really makes me want to travel there!

Hope you're well, lovely Maia! xo

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Will your mom adopt me? I'll carry her bags all over the world for her! :)

Theresa said...

Beautiful!

Guusje said...

Beautiful, Maia. What a gifted mom you must have!

Carol Jeandel said...

beautiful alive as picture your mom took ; )

Juniper said...

Love the gracefulness of the woman in the middle photo, right down to her toes.
Tango! Cool to see some moves in action! We have gone on to the second level and are really enjoying it, although I am shy to do some of those sultry moves with another dance partner, certainly is a sensual dance.
How fortunate to be travelling to such intriguing places!

jane said...

they are freaking amazing! i´d love to see more:)

Yoli said...

That first shot took my breath away. I think you should encourage her to take more photos of people. These are just stunning.

Make it Easy said...

wow they are beautiful people. i like their ethnic style