I was tagged by the sweet Tina at the English Muse last week, and actually I think this is the third time I have been tagged with "7 things" recently, so it's high time I pony up and do it!
Seven Things About Me:
1. I love to sleep on the ground in the desert.
2. I never wanted to be tied down, but if I had known it could mean life with this man and this child of mine, I might have felt differently.
3. I sleep with my arm around my Australian cattle dog, Sam. I can't help it. Everyone thought I would give it up when my husband moved in, but by that time it was far too late for me to change my ways (or for my dog to change his).
4. My love affair with my daughter has come as the biggest surprise of my lifetime. I'm still reeling with adoration...there are little butterflies spinning around my head like a cartoon, and I sometimes skip with errant joy.
5. I live with a former chef, an adventurous spirit, and a brilliant news man. Lucky me.
6. Though I sometimes miss my days in journalism, when it came to a choice between the two careers, illustration won. I am a stay-at-home mother by choice. I can't have everything.
7. I showed horses when I was a kid, and I was actually quite good at it.
I'm not good at tagging people, but if you feel inspired, dear reader, please follow suite.