Sunday

 When I was a child, my mother worked as a jeweler, and this amazing piece was one that lasted in her jewelry box through the years. When I was married, she gave it to me to wear at the wedding.
 It now occupies my jewelery box, which is where Q found it the other day.
 As long as she's gentle, and puts things back, I let her play. As soon as she pulled out this piece, it occurred to me how ideally suited it is to her "dress of the sun" from the Peau d'Ane fable.
 Maybe it's because I've been delving deep into fairy tales for some of the work I'm doing in the studio these days, but this scene struck such a classic note for me.
 Unraveling gold and silver chains from a treasure chest, clad in her cloth-of-gold dress.
Peau d'Ane dresses are here: VDJ deguisements

8 comments:

Signe said...

That is one amazing necklace! And your little princess is cute as always :)

Yoli said...

I just came back from your other blog where all I could do regarding your planned doll is say WOW. Now I am here and I am blown away by these images of Q in her Peau d'Ane dress. These images are stunning Maia. I hope a doll is planned from this fairy tale which as you know, is one of my all time favorites.

I absolutely love how Q wears this dress. This dress is gorgeous, I have the copper one and yet to try it on my daughter as I bought it as a Christmas gift.

Your Mom is grossly talented, that brooch is so beautiful. It looks like it was made for that particular dress. How lovely that now it is worn by your daughter. How is being surrounded by so much creativity and affecting Q? Is she starting to create as well?

Lovely post, thank you for sharing.

Elisa said...

wow, what a beautiful necklace. I just love how your daughter is so creative and imaginative.

by the way I like your new header!

Kenza said...

Wonderful! And what a sweet Peau d'âne... one of my all times favorites!

Yanyan said...

Beautiful necklace. Q is creating another magic with the dress and the jewelry

Michal said...

I think that your Q is not quite of this world. I mean that in the best, most magical way. I can imagine that your life has been taken completely over by her brand of magic and I can imagine that you don't mind!
That necklace and that dress are just gorgeous on her.

FDChief said...

Cloth of Gold (W.B. Yeats)

Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

kitchu said...

speechless. absolutely speechless.