Monday

 Yesterday, or friends came down from Vail again for another play date.
 Q could not possibly have been more thrilled.
 The weather was stunning, and we decided to celebrate by spending most of the day at the botanic gardens.
I know, we always seem to be at the botanic garden these days... Yes, we eat this place up! This membership was the best investment we ever made in family outings.

 I almost cracked a rib laughing when Q decided to scope this toy mountain goat with her binoculars...from two feet away. It is a bit of an optical illusion.
 My favorite part: the nature-inspired blocks and seating arrangement hewn from tree trunks. I need this to be at my house.

 Matt and my husband and I were old friends from our wild and woolly journalism days up in Vail. It's so funny to see them together again...with all the kiddos in tow. What a change a few years makes!
 The digging pit is sheer genius. Not a single kid is immune...boy, girl, no matter the personality, everyone loves a digging pit.
Q's wonderful linen dress and coat by Suvi Ainoa btw...I guess we're going to have to put away the linen for the season after today!

5 comments:

Daan said...

those are the days!! -x-

Rebekka Seale said...

That coat is gorgeous...she looks lovely in linen!

Yoli said...

Love the coat and dress, she looks so grown up in them. I love the way you dress her, not a bow in sight! So sophisticated. While most children look like cookie cutter versions, Q is always an original.

liza said...

Oh! There everybody is again! So fun.

Yanyan said...

With both Nea and Landon and mum ill, I have missed so many wonderful posts of yours and thanks for the beautiful pictures. Love to Q. Yanyan