Sunday



Let me introduce you to my favorite piece of clothing...
It comes from the Etsy shop Le Muse, out of Vilnius, Lithuania. The shop is based on one design, though there are a few variations. The design is based on the idea of draping a single piece of fabric in such a way as to best flatter the female form in all its variations.
The design is a stroke of genius. At first glance, it's difficult to tell which end of the piece goes where, and putting it on for the first time takes some figuring. But once mastered, it becomes the easiest thing in the world to wear. Over jeans, over tights, the piece does indeed flatter from any angle.

And as any mother of a toddler knows, any item of clothing that you can slip over your head with one hand and be out the door the next moment looking halfway decent is worth its weight in gold.
LeMuse comes in cottons and wools of various weights and textures, with variations for any sort of weather. I'd have to say that if forced to choose one piece of clothing and one only, this would be the item to take to that proverbial desert island.

See more LeMuse here.

Incidentally, having found so many beautifully-crafted things on Etsy lately that come out of Vilnius in particular and Lithuania in general, I became curious and did a little google roadtrip. I'd have to say that Vilnius is now on my list of places I'd like to wander. Have you been there?

ps - Boots from TopShop. And this is the longest my child has ever worn a ponytail on top of her head.

5 comments:

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

SOLD!

Juniper said...

Same here, am for once glad we live more than a few blocks from each other for I think if I buy this I may be wearing it quiet often, its beautiful!

FDChief said...

That's the teeniest whale-spout ever. Very cute, tho...

Yoli said...

Love the spout! As to the dress, it looks lovely on you. I cannot wear it with my stature but I think it is perfect for a tall slender figure.

Unknown said...

Hmmm...I'm intrigued! Will have to check it out!