Sunday

It has been so hard to find time to post lately, as busy as I am with work.  
 The photos are piling up in my iPhoto, and me with no time to edit and arrange posts. 
Going into the holiday season, it becomes even harder to balance my personal work and my client work, not to mention our family time.
 While our family "days" look carefree, these moments are hard-won, and for them we pay dearly in late nights and early mornings, lost sleep and neglected essentials.
 But, naturally, every moment like this is sacred and irreplaceable. Unthinkable not to have this time together.
 As tough as life can be right now, as tenuous a place this world to live in, we still feel so very fortunate.
And we take our moments of peace and tranquility where we can.

11 comments:

Kenza said...

Oh little buddha...

Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said...

Well said :) I agree totally!! But you said it better than I ever could! LOL! Oh, and Q is such a mini-you!

nath said...

love the golden leggings!! she rocks...

Yoli said...

Are you considering a Buddhist path for Q?

....... said...

adorables!!!!!

;)

paula

Maia said...

Yoli, Q will of course be considering her own path. Her little meditation posture is her own doing - we did not teach it to her. Not sure where she picked that up, but it makes me smile every time she does it. There is as you know Buddhism in my family (and Catholicism in Mike's family). But we will do our best not to influence Q's chosen path when it comes to spiritual issues. I'd like her to choose for herself. She has so much to choose from - our history, her history, and that of her birth culture - and she is very smart. I'm sure she will choose wisely.

FDChief said...

As do we all, Maia.

I think your little one seems very wise for her years...

But the hardest part of parenting, to me, anyway, is accepting that those small people are perfectly capable of choosing foolishly and that as a parent all I can do is keep them from the worst of harm while I still can.

But I know there will be a day when all I can do is hope that I've showed them enough good choices to make them want to choose well. And then close my eyes and pray when they don't...

Yoli said...

Well said Maia.

Maia said...

Well, John, as someone who was raised right, and then went as wrong as I could possibly go for most of my 20s....I can still say that I survived it and lived to find a better road in the end. I think most of us take wrong turns at some point, or at several points. But a good foundation and a strong center can, in the end, overcome the pitfalls of life. That's all we can hope for.

Teamdub said...

On a lighter note - can you please tell me where you got Q's boots/shoes?! Love..
And yours too? Very nice!
A.

Maia said...

Amber, Q's boots are from Zara (available online at zara.com) and mine are a couple of years old from Born.