Thursday

My dearly-missed friend Lara from Vail was down in our neck of the woods this week, and we were so looking forward to spending some time with her and her daughter T.
I am, however, in the midst of my last two weeks with a part-time babysitter, and for the most part locked in my airless garret with nothing but a pitcher of water and a stale loaf of bread, ruining my eyes by the glimmer of an guttering taper as I crouch over my last, smudged rag of foolscap......

Huh...where am I?

Oh, sorry. I lost my train of thought there.

Anyway, I'm very busy this month trying to catch up with work before I lose my beloved babysitter for the season, so we were only able to meet up with L & T for a single, brief dinner out on the town. It was good to see Q and T together again, however.

And now I'll go back to missing their company. Sigh.

3 comments:

Jeanne-ming Brantingham said...

sigh indeed. I wondered how you manage. I wish I could be QQ's babysitter...you would have to KICK ME OUT!

I am in NY this week with my two children and SOOOO happy. Today is Leigh's 28th birthday. It goes by so fast!

Lonnie Hanzon said...

I just had house guests including two children for the last 10 days. As a person that will never have children, I applaud and cheer all of you that do. You are amazing. Children are amazing, but the energy and love it takes to raise them is astonishing to me. I could never do it. I'll go back to my scissors and paint and glitter now and do my best to bring a bright moment to your children - but you will need to raise them.
Bless you all that do.

Juniper said...

Oh- what a delightful blog you have! Like your illustrations and your list of favourite books too!