Monday

 Interesting things going on in my studio these days! I've been busy. 
This morning, we found ourselves in a very cool screenprinting shop that uses only water-based, environmentally-friendly inks. We had a tour of the whole facility, and had many an inspiring converstation.
 Later this afternoon, with a hot sun and a high wind on our back patio, I found myself bent over a bin of fabric soaking in black tea. I very much enjoy tea-dying, but this project is one that is especially dear to my heart.
Are you excited to see the finished product? 
I am!
We're almost there...

3 comments:

alliot + iza said...

OH! Maia, it's beautiful! Can't wait to see your project finished. Will it be big enough for a dress?

Yoli said...

Super excited Maia.

Maia said...

Alliot - So glad you like it! This particular project will not be large enough for a dress (the pieces are around 13" x 17") but there are more projects in the works with these images, and fabric may eventually be among them. These are fabric-printed on linen/cotton canvas in the first stage, so it isn't a long stretch to making fabrics available along these lines.