Thursday

Q and I have been showered with gifts lately!
Yesterday this adorable little miniature of Q came in the mail from the darling and multi-talented Patricia at PVE. It's so delicate and sweet, all the little details and flourishes, and I absolutely treasure it!
Also in the envelope was this postcard of one of her beautiful city scenes, which I had to post because I'm feeling nostalgic for NYC!

And from Mlle Paradis on the opposite coast...
...a box containing an ingenious set of "faux vintage books" (read: secret box!), along with this beautiful card of her painting! I have to tell you that the best part of all was the wrapping, entirely hand-designed and beautifully executed! I would have taken a picture, but I could not stop Q (who has recently discovered the joy of opening gifts) from tearing into the wrapping before I could even get to my camera. In any case, I have been inspired to work harder at my wrapping technique ;)

6 comments:

Mlle Paradis said...

Oh Maia! You've outed me! And such an old painting. But it reproduced well - thanks for doing such a nice job getting the colors true and I'm happy to be in your and Patricia's company. Glad you and Q both enjoyed the wrapping paper. I did have fun doing it.

The Wanderers' Daughter said...

Mlle that wrapping was a masterpiece! I am ready to cry that I don't have a picture of it intact. I haven't had such a beautifully-wrapped gift since the old Christmas parties in Woodstock in the '70s when all the artists would create their own wrapping paper.

Simply Mel said...

Leave it to Patricia to capture Q so beautifully! What a wonderful week of treasures.

Daan said...

So beautiful!
(a little present is now on it's way over to you ...)

Happy weekend!

MODsquad said...

Oh, the Q is SO LOVELY!! How sweet! What a treasure!

Happy Weekend!

Yoli said...

What treasures!!!